Robocalls have become a huge nuisance for many over the years as we really more and more on our smartphones. Luckily, there are several ways to stop robocalls:
- Use call-blocking apps: Many mobile phone companies and third-party app developers offer call-blocking apps that can help block unwanted robocalls. These apps can be downloaded to your phone, and often allow you to add specific numbers to a block list.
- Register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry: This registry is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and is designed to help reduce telemarketing calls. By registering your number, you can reduce the number of telemarketing robocalls you receive.
- Do not answer calls from unknown numbers: If you don’t recognize the number on your caller ID, do not answer the call. Let it go to voicemail, and if it is a legitimate call, the caller will likely leave a message.
- Do not press any numbers: If you do answer a robocall and hear a recorded message asking you to press a number to be removed from the call list, do not press any numbers. This could lead to more robocalls.
- Use caller ID spoof protection: Some phone companies offer caller ID spoof protection services that can help detect and block calls from numbers that have been altered to appear as if they are coming from a different number.
- Use a robocall-blocking device: Some companies sell devices that are specifically designed to block robocalls. These devices can be connected to your home phone and can be programmed to block specific numbers or types of calls.
It’s worth noting that while these methods can help reduce the number of robocalls you receive, it’s unlikely to completely stop them. Scammers are constantly finding new ways to get around call-blocking measures, so it’s important to remain vigilant and cautious when receiving calls from unknown numbers.