The cost of identity theft protection can vary depending on the specific provider, the level of coverage and the duration of the protection. Typically, identity theft protection services range from about $10 to $30 per month or $100 to $300 per year. Some providers may also offer additional services, such as credit monitoring or identity restoration, for an additional fee.
It’s important to note that while identity theft protection can be a valuable tool for safeguarding your personal information, it does not guarantee complete protection against identity theft or fraud. It’s important to also practice good security habits such as monitoring your financial accounts regularly and being cautious with your personal information.
Companies Offering Identity Theft Protection
There are many companies that offer identity theft protection services. Here are a few examples:
- LifeLock – LifeLock is a well-known provider of identity theft protection services. They offer a range of services, including credit monitoring, identity restoration, and dark web monitoring.
- IdentityForce – IdentityForce offers a variety of identity theft protection services, including credit monitoring, identity restoration, and social media monitoring.
- Experian IdentityWorks – Experian is a major credit bureau that also offers identity theft protection services through their IdentityWorks program. Services include credit monitoring, identity restoration, and identity theft insurance.
- Identity Guard – Identity Guard offers a range of identity theft protection services, including credit monitoring, identity restoration, and dark web monitoring.
- Zander Insurance – Zander Insurance offers identity theft protection services through their Identity Theft Solutions program. Services include credit monitoring, identity restoration, and identity theft insurance.
It’s important to research and compare different identity theft protection providers to determine which one offers the best fit for your specific needs and budget.
Are There Free Identity Theft Protection Services?
Yes, there are free identity theft protection services available. Some companies and organizations offer free services as a way to help consumers protect themselves against identity theft.
For example, some credit card companies, banks, and insurance providers may offer free credit monitoring services, which can alert you to changes in your credit report that could indicate potential identity theft. Some also offer free identity theft resolution services, which can help you recover from identity theft if it does occur.
In addition, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) offers a free service called IdentityTheft.gov, which provides step-by-step guidance on how to report and recover from identity theft. This service can also help you create a personalized recovery plan to help you recover from identity theft.
It’s important to note that while free identity theft protection services can be helpful, they may not provide the same level of protection as paid services. It’s important to carefully evaluate any free service you’re considering to make sure it meets your needs and provides the level of protection you’re looking for.